Saturday 28 May 2011

Wedding present quilt finished

The wedding present quilt is finished!  We collected it from the longarm quilter http://www.thequiltingcompany.co.uk/ last week and this week I have put the binding on.  Now I just need to sign it.


I am very pleased with longarm quilting which is quite simple but right for something with such a busy pattern.


I was also impressed with the cost which was much less than a lot of more commercial places.  In fact I am wondering if I should spend next winter making a new quilt for my bed.  The current one is ten years old and beginning to look a bit sad, not least because it gets washed rather a lot.  After I finished it, I swore I would never make another bed quilt and the ones I have done since have been smaller - topper size rather than huge King-size quilts that cover up the whole duvet.

I have rolled the quilt up and put it on the top shelf of my wardrobe as I plan to give it to my nephew and his wife when we are all at his younger brother's wedding in August.  And I am still appreciating not having to make this last one a quilt because his prospective mother-in-law is a quilter.  I have realised that making traditional bed quilts is very time consuming and that over last winter that was all I did: the wedding present and the single bed quilt for Zelah.

No comments:

Post a Comment